Come Join Brantford’s “2018 Company of the Year!” (Awarded by the Brantford Chamber of Commerce)
Massilly North America Inc. is a member of the Massilly Group headquartered in France. We are a manufacturer of metal twist caps for the food and beverage industry. We are committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment that support employees reaching their full potential.
Working as a key member of the service team, the Field Service Technician provides service to our customer base at various site locations, or service centers, within the U.S. and Canada. The Field Service Technician will travel to customer sites to install, troubleshoot and maintain capping equipment.
Why Work Here?
- Service equipment and/or products at customer sites or service centers
- Perform contracted preventative maintenance, unscheduled maintenance, installations, and start-ups
- Provide training to customers and follow up on installations and maintenance
- Order, expedite and notify customers or management when replacement of a product is necessary.
- Maintain and replace equipment, tools and supplies used directly for the service of equipment and/or products
- Provide documentation of preventative maintenance, down time, issues and time spent preparing reports for product movement and justification for on-site service
- Prepare quotations for customers and reports for management
Skills and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of machinery, electrical and general mechanics
- The ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted from the floor to waist level
- The ability to read and work from electrical and mechanical schematics and diagrams
- Intermediate level MS Office skills
- Valid driving license and clean driving record
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time (Canada, U.S.A, and Europe)
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Massilly North America Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We select candidates based on a fair evaluation of their skills and abilities, measured against the position requirements. All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Massilly offers an accessible recruitment process that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require any accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, we invite you to inform the Recruiter that contacted you.